- Insurance cover
All rental cars are rented with comprehensive insurance (incl. 3rd party) included in the rate, with a co-payment / excess.
For all ULF rental cars the maximum co-payment / excess is R 5000, and ZAR 6000 for driver under 25.
The insurance covers the following:
- Accidents, Damages, Break-ins, Theft, and 3rd party damages.
- The maximum excess for glass is R 1950 per incident and for tyres it is replacement value.
Note: Should the renter be under the influence of alcohol and / or any restricted or illegal substances, the insurance policy will lapse and the full liability of any damages will shift to the renter.
Please be aware that South Africa does not apply the concept of compulsory 3rd party damage insurance, like most other countries in the world. This can lead to situations where someone caused an accident, who is not insured and who cannot pay for the damages. In these circumstances the renter of the car takes over this risk (spread of risk) and will be liable for those damages up to the stipulated maximum excess. The 3rd party liability cover is up to ZAR 5 Million.
- Free km /Territorial use radius
The ULF rental car comes with free km but with territorial use limit.
Territorial use conditions:
- The territorial use of the vehicle is limited to a radius of 200 km around Cape Town Convention Centre. (200 km = ~125 miles)
- Ensure that trips are carefully planned; for example, The Garden Route is outside that radius.
- Should the car be driven outside of this radius, the insurance cover will lapse, and the renter will be personally liable for any / all damages.
- For ZAR 1250 / month extra, the use radius can be extended to 750 km. Note, this extra insurance is linked to the person doing the extension only. For the VW Citi Golf the radius extension is not possible.
- Should a car be required for business use, a rate per km can be requested.
- Minimum age / driving experiences
- We do not rent to customers under the age 21. Also note that any additional drivers must also be at least 21 years of age.
- The renter needs to have the driver's license at the commencement of the rental for at least 2 years.
- No learner drivers are allowed to drive the car.
- 1st additional driver is free and 2nd additional driver is charged at an additional fee of ZAR 250 per month, 3rd additionaldriver will be ZAR 400 per month.
- You can only register a maximum of 3 additional driver per vehicle.
- All rental fees for rental periods less than 2 months are payable upfront.
- For rentals longer than 2 months, monthly payments can be arranged.
- All quoted prices are cash prices.
- Rental fees can be paid in cash, with national or international bank transfer (EFT),or with credit or debit card (+5% surcharge) . Transfer/banking fees are the liability of the renter.
- Note, for currency conversion we use the updated daily Oando ATM exchange rate.
- Payment of traffic fines:We charge ZAR 175 as a handling fee per traffic fine, for NAG* fines with compulsory court appearance we charge a handling fee ZAR 1500 per fine. (*NAG: Extremely fast driving with more than 30km/h than allowed).
- Also note that the traffic fine fee is not included in the handling fee and both will be shared on a statement and deducted from the deposit.
- Security Deposit
- The security deposit is held on the renter’s credit card and will be used to offset any additional charges as stated above.
- Security deposits is R 5000 and R6000, if you are under the age of 25 yeras.
- The amount will be pre-authorised/blocked for the duration of the rental agreement , after the return of the rental car we can use the provided card for outstanding speeding fines and / or any damages.
- A full statement of deductions will be made available to the renter.
- Pickup and return of the rental vehicle
Collection and return address: 116 Kloof Street, Gardens, Cape Town.
Collection and return times: We operate by appointment only and our standard collection and return time is 12:00 midday on the date that the car is schedule to either be collected or returned.
Alternate collection / return times: By prior arrangement, we can accommodate non-standard collection and return times between 9am / 09:00 and 6pm / 18:00 daily. Please note this on the date you confirm your booking. Stricly no appointment in darkness.
Please ensure that you return the car in the following condition:
- Cleaned inside and out – to offer our renters the best rates, we ask that you return a car as you received it; cleaning inside and out. An additional fee of 120 will be deducted for cleaning, should this not be done. Also note that any additional cleaning required (e.g. stains of seats) will be charged for separately.
- Refuelled – should the car not be returned with a full petrol tank as you received it, we will deduct a fuelling fee based on the fuel price + R50 refuelling fee from the deposit amount.
We do not offer any airport services, but we can arrange an airport shuttle service with a reputable company.
- Booking deposit
To confirm your booking, we do require a deposit of ZAR 1000.
Payment options are: Credit card or bank transfer.
- For credit card payments we will send a PayFast payment link. The 5% surcharge for credit card payment is not applicable for the booking deposit.
- Banking details available upon request.
- Note all payment links will expire within 24 hours of being created.
Due to high demand, we urge customers to ensure booking deposits are paid to avoid cancellation of bookings. Please also note that accepting a rental quote does not constitute a confirmed booking.
- Cancellation/ Notice
- All bookings can be cancelled 30 days before the commencement of the rental agreement.
- The cancellation fee will be ZAR 250.
- At short notice cancellations, shorter than 30 days, the booking deposit (ZAR 1000) will not be refunded.
- Rental agreements, which are longer than one month, can be cancelled with one month notice.
Note: To protect us as a small business, a pandemic like Covid 19, or any kind of act of God or nature, will not entitle the renter for a refund, if the car needs to be returned early. We also urge the use of travel insurance to ensure that the right level of cover is available in the event of any emergencies.